HIC’s courses are ideally suited to those who wish to explore and complement their skills by furthering their knowledge of information management and technology in the healthcare setting.
The Certificate in Health Informatics (CHI) provides the best introduction to Health Informatics for those new to the subject or exploring it as a potential career option.
- The Diploma in Health Informatics (DipHI) is post-graduate level and opens doors to Master’s level programs with our partner University and Higher Education providers.
UK Council for Health Informatics Professions (UKCHIP) have formally accredited these programs. For those that complete HIC’s CHI & DipHI qualifications, 1 year’s free membership is awarded at affiliate or first professional level. UKCHIP maintains a public viewable register of health informatics professionals and a ‘registered professional’ logo to add to your email signature and CV. International members are particularly encouraged and welcomed.
For your CV, HIC’s Roll of Honour awards page enables you to provide a link that prospective evaluators can use to view your study progress and achieved credits as well as digital copies of your certificate and diploma awards.
You can study entirely online, from home or work and at your own pace. Exams and assignments are online and the use of online technologies and tools is encouraged.
- The programs are available to everyone in the international community. The only requirement is that you can understand the courseware, written in English.
- The course content is international with many references to initiatives, policies, standards, ethics and law as it applies and can be compared between UK/Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
- The first nine courses may be studied for free and without obligation to allow you to gain an appreciation for the subject matter and decide the best qualification option for you – Certificate, Diploma or both.
- The exam and further studies fees are described here.
Click HI101-01 to start the first course in the Certificate in Health Informatics (CHI)
Click HI203-01 to start the first course in the Diploma in Health Informatics (DipHI)